Top 12 Cross-Browser Testing Tools That will be Preferred by Testers in 2022
Cross-browser testing can be defined as one of the most popular types of non-functional software testing. This is where web apps are assessed for support in various devices and browsers. Cross-browser testing can also offer an aim and independent status so the web app permits the businesses to understand and appreciate the risk of implementing and releasing the latest features. Test methodologies incorporate the procedure of executing a web app with the intention of looking for failures in various devices and browsers and authenticating that the website is suitable for use in all of them. There are millions of cross-browser testing tools available in the market that allow you to streamline your testing processes.
Keeping this scenario in mind, we are presenting to you the list of the top 12 cross-browser testing tools that testers prefer to use in 2022.
This allows easy testing against all major browsers. These browsers include; Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. There is no requirement for third-party providers to resolve your cross-browser automation.
· This third-party tool often leads to a heavy infrastructure and makes integration very complex. As mentioned previously, Functionalize enables cross-browser testing easily.
· This cross-browser testing tool also enables you to test across all the big mobile and desktop browsers. You can simply select the browser and execute it. This will also enable you to test against various browsers.
· You can also resume tests in all browsers. Nowadays, the main problem with cross-browser testing tools is that they are required to record your test for every software.
This tool enables you to test your web apps and sites across more than a thousand real desktop browsers on Didital.ai. This was previously known as Experitest cloud real browser lab. It enables you to do the following:
· Use the Digital.ai cloud and perform manual cross-browser testing on the desktop of any sort and version such as Edge, Safari, Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Select the types of operating systems and version your web app will function on.
· Open an isolated browser and interact with it incorporating your web app in real-time. You can perform real-life gestures and live interaction while you are assessing your app.
· Incorporate your dev. tools (safari, Firefox, Chrome) for in-depth web app testing and debugging.
· You can assess your web application user interface responsiveness across various browser window sizes, operating system versions, browser types.
3. Microsoft Expression Web SuperPreview
It is one of the most famous desktop apps to detect the visual defects of the web app across various browsers by comparison. A separate version of this software supports just internet explorer. However, the complete version supports Safari and Firefox.
· The user detects the defects manually.
· Licence key is needed for activation purposes
· User must prepare the testing outcomes itself
· Supported browsers include; Safari, FF, and IE
· Supported platforms include Windows
· No Registration is needed.
· It is an open-source tool and users can download it from the internet for free.
4. IE Tab
This is one of the best cross-browser testing tools that permit you to view the web page with just one click. This web page can be viewed in multiple browsers without changing from one browser to another. It is compatible with chrome and Firefox browsers. It has proved to be one of the best compatibility assessment tools that support internet configuration. It also permits you to modify various settings like security and the internet that can be set manually or automatically.
5. BrowserStack Live
It is a cross-browser testing tool that is available for both desktop and mobile browsers. This tool does not need any installation and begins at the rate of $29 per month after the free trial period. It permits you to set up a testing environment with an active directory, firewalls, and proxies support. It also supports various versions of macOS, internet explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and chrome. This cloud platform assists to assess your website on actual mobile devices functioning on various operating systems. However, it is known for its poor response time. It can also miss bugs that were not detected on real devices.
This tool has a private cloud that is completely open and amalgamated to fit into the entire Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tool-chain. This is perfect for organizations with worldwide dispersed testing teams or those that require the scale level only cloud-based solutions provide. They have an enterprise-grade, secure, scalable system with smart and self-healing capabilities. In addition to this, it has a downtime near to zero. This will enable you to guarantee that all your tests function quickly and smoothly.
This is another cloud-based testing platform for websites and web apps. It permits you to execute interactive testing in the actual browser environment and perform automated selenium testing scripts. LambdaTest commercially begins at $15 per month for browser testing. The web and mobile testing begin at $99 on a monthly basis. It is known to provide a limited-time free version that permits you to execute six testing sessions. It is an open-source cross-browser testing tool that supports mobile and desktop browsers. Nevertheless, it is not available on Linux.
8. Ghost Inspector
This tool enables you to test your software across various browsers, geo-locations, and screen sizes. You can run tests with different versions of Firefox and chrome, with more browsers on the way. There is also a wide variety of screen sizes available incorporating tablets and mobile to test responsive designs. Furthermore, you can run your tests from 16 data centers around the world. Your test will incorporate a local IP address from the region.
It is a user-friendly testing platform that permits you to execute cross-browser testing on various browsers incorporating mobile platforms. It is available on Ubuntu, macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. This will enable you to simply see Selenium tests and run manual and visual tests on more than 2050 desktop and real mobile browsers. The tool begins at $29 per month for one user and unlimited testing capabilities are presented at $100 a month for two users.
This tool allows you to assess your website on various versions of web browsers misusing virtual machines. In addition to this, it permits you to perform various tests without any conflicts and dependencies through isolated sandboxes. This tool performs well with the latest versions of internet explorer, Firefox Nightly, Chromium, Canary, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. In order to utilize this one of the best cross-browser testing tools, you are required to install a browser plug and store its desktop app. The tool is presently available just for windows and begins at $19 on monthly basis.
12. Sauce Labs
It is a cloud-based platform for assessing web and mobile apps. It provides immediate access to numerous operating systems, real devices, browsers, simulators, mobile emulators, and operating systems. The price of manual cross-browser testing begins at $149 per month. An actual mobile device testing begins from $199 per month. This tool supports various browsers like Linux, Android, iOS, macOS, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
After viewing the discussion above, it can be said that this is the list of the best cross-browser testing tools available in the market. Companies can select these tools based on their requirements and the budget.
Software Testing Lead providing quality content related to software testing, security testing, agile testing, quality assurance, and beta testing. You can publish your good content on STL.