Top 15 Performance Testing Tools for 2022
Performance testing tools are non-functional types of testing tools that are implemented to see the way the app will perform under load. The tests are executed on the metrics encompassing scalability, stability, and speed. The appropriate testing services can be used to execute a wide variety of tests.
Keeping this scenario in mind, we are presenting to you the top 15 performance testing tools for 2022.
Siege is considered one of the top performance testing tools. This tool is implemented for benchmarking utility and command-line HTTP load testing. It was developed to assist the developers so that they can measure their code when they are under stress. The main features of this tool include:
· Supports fundamental authentication, FTP protocols, HTTPS, HTTP, and cookies.
· Permits its consumers to hit a server with a configurable quantity of simulated customers. Those customers put the server “under siege”.
· Good for brute-force and simple type of testing tool
· Cool REST API instrumentation capability
· Offers cloud and distributed execution
· Clean API scripting
It is popularly utilized for performance testing services with heavy user load and complex requirements. You can conduct load and stress testing on any web-based software. It is done by developing load from the cloud and on-premise systems. WebLOAD supports technologies like web protocols and enterprise apps. The integration tools used are Jenkins and Selenium. This permits continuous load testing for the DevOps. The main features include:
· Availability as on-premise and on the cloud deployment
· Willingly extensible and backs all the main web technologies
· Develops a flexible test environment
· Automatically detects bottlenecks
It is a user load, simple-to-use, and distributed testing tool that assists you to capture response times. It is utilized to assist apps and performance testing websites. This tool also helps you to figure out the number of present users that can be handled by the system. The main features include:
· Capability to develop test scenarios utilizing straight Python
· Easily scaling amount of users you require following
· Excellent web-based user interface
· Excellent for API testing
This testing tool permits you to create scriptless load tests. It is liked by performance testing services. This is because it assists to decrease half of the testing times. The main features are:
· At scale actual browser load testing
· Develop playback feature and a scriptless load test
· Immediate management of virtual user activity
· Immediate test debugging
· Progressive browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features
· Cloud-based hosting removes the server maintenance
Some of the protocols supported by LoadNinja are:
· Oracle Forms
· Google Web Toolkit
· SAP GUI Web
· Java-based protocol
It is a stress tool developed on Netty, Akka, and Scala. This latest architecture approach permits you to measure and test your app’s end-to-end performance. It plays an imperative role in easily scaling up virtual users.
· Permits you to adopt a shift-left code method for performance testing
· Has a scenario recorder
· If you are using scala and the benefits it provides, this is the most suitable load testing tool for you
· Simple to extend
· Simple and powerful DSL
nGrinder has been developed to be one of the enterprise-level performance engineering solutions. It was created to make stress testing simple and to offer a platform that offers you to develop, perform and observe tests. The main features are:
· Automatic gathering test outcomes from distributed agents after tests
· Permits you to observe the condition of your performance agents load generation
· Prolong test with customer libraries such as py and jar
· You can scribble your tests incorporating Groovy and Jython
Testlio is very famous is managed app testing. The comprehensive software platform, a worldwide network of specialized testers, and robust client services offer a suite of on-demand testing, flexible and burstable testing solutions. They encompass payments, functional, localization, usability, and end-to-end solutions. When the app functions in an excellent manner, this means that Testlio has provided the top of world customer experience.
This is very famous for performance testing services. This is a completely managed and on-demand stress testing and load testing tool. This is very different from the other load testing tools. In this tool, testing is done in real browsers. The outcome is close emulation of highly accurate and actual user data. It permits developing multi-step scripts pretending user interaction with website or app. Some of the key features are:
· Backs advanced loading features such as real browser testing, click scripting, and cloud-based infrastructure
· Permits easy and immediate development of test scripts without coding requirement
· Backs rich internet apps incorporating PHMP, Silverlight, Ruby, HTML5, Flash, and Java
· More than twelve worldwide cloud locations supported by Amazon web services and cloud platform
· Dzone has test compatibility with browsers, mobile devices, and desktops
· Simple to share performance reports and metrics
· Pinpoint bottleneck and backs scalability
This tool plays an imperative role in hiding the difficulties related to performance testing. The power of this tool enables you to write your tests in YAML.
This helps you to describe a completely blown script in approximately ten lines. This provides teams the ability to elaborate tests in JSON or YAML files. YAML is edible readable and human that allows you to explain a test in an easy text file. The main features are:
· Permits more members of your team to participate in performance tests. In addition to this, your test cases are written in YAML. Hence, the tests are comparatively very readable. This makes it easier to perform code reviews.
· Taurus fundamentally embeds performance testing in the continuous integration and the continuous delivery pipeline in a much efficient manner.
· Taurus offers a type of abstraction layer on top of JMeter and other tools like Selenium, Grinder, Gatling, and Locust.
11. Silk Performer
It is one of the enterprise-class load testing and stress testing tool. It enables you to test the app environment with numerous concurrent users. It comes with a cloudburst feature. This enables the quality assurance teams to effectively launch any sort of peak load performance test without taking into consideration difficult infrastructure. You can conduct tests from more than fifty locations worldwide. It supports Azure, AWS, and Google. Some of the protocols supported by silk performer are:
· XML or SOAP
The main features are:
· Components ( True Log Explorer, Performance Explorer, Workbench)
· Lesser hardware is needed for virtual simulation
· Pretends customizable virtual users
· It funds assimilated server monitoring
· Maintains six frameworks of workloads
· Stress test website and server-side diagnostics
12. Rational Performance Tester
Rational Performance Tester is developed to make and execute performance tests. It is a very powerful observation tool. The tool permits you to authenticate the scalability and stability of web-based apps before being deployed. It is an automated performance testing tool that creates a sample of the transaction procedure between the user and web service. Some features are:
· Supports scheduled and event-based testing
· Backs scriptless testing
· Compatible with tests encompassing various users
· Backs immediate reporting that permits immediate performance error identification
· Supports automatic identification and detection of vigorous server response
· Maintains automated test data difference
This tool supports the following protocols mentioned below:
· Socket Recording
· Web HTTP
This is a popular performance testing tool. This is because; it can handle situations that may be complex to test utilizing other tools. It performs by fixing playback mistakes automatically incorporating its different autocorrelation features. The tool saves user actions before replaying them to follow changing usage patterns. It keeps a record of load impact on software responsiveness of the server infrastructure and the software. It can pinpoint hidden concurrency mistakes and offers detailed performance metrics. The main features are:
· On-premise or cloud testing utilizing various load generators
· Complete test wizard decreases the learning curve by entailing all steps
· Availability of alternative manual scripting and the tool support up to three languages.
· Permits script to transfer visual studio test format
· Can be utilized as an independent or a fiddler add on tool
It is one of the most liked tools for performance testing among the testers. These testers want to counter the disadvantages related to JMeter. The tool backs the development of an easy scriptless test environment with its recorder. It offers test reports and contains features like comparison analysis, test runs trend, automatic test criteria assessment. The tool provides complete support for CI/CD integration. The main features are:
· Develops a scriptless test environment
· Innovative reaction body extractor
· Immediate outcomes and GUI test runs
· Complete reporting, spontaneous assessment, and test execution associations
· Ropes CI/CD integration
SmartMeter.io follows various protocols- SOAP, JMS, JDBC, LDAP, FTP, and HTTP. There is no requirement for proxy setup or browser plugins. It has good capabilities in CI integration and distributed testing. It also offers supreme performance testing support when there is a requirement for app validation.
15. Apache JMeter
Apache JMeter is a very famous open source performance testing tool that is developed especially for performance and load testing. it can be utilized to measure and analyze the performance of wide-ranging software, covering services encompassing servers and networks. It is largely utilized as a website load testing tool for various sorts of web service apps.
JMeter is a Java platform app that can be assimilated with the test frameworks. It also permits you to develop a functional test plan with a load test plan. Some main features are:
· Ropes various load injectors that are managed to utilize one controller
· Do not need the latest infrastructure for load testing
· Needs minimum scripting efforts in comparison to other API performance testing tools. This is because it has a user-friendly interface.
· Ropes all Java-based apps
· A simple analysis of key load based resource and stats consumption monitors by showing simple charts and graphs
The basic protocols supported by this performance test tool are: FTP, SOAP, Java-based protocols, XML, HTTP, and HTTPS
You can select from the performance testing tools that are presently utilized to attain performance testing services. Other than this, you are required to take into consideration numerous factors. This incorporates licensing costs and the protocol support you require. You must take into consideration software and the hardware necessities for the tool and the tool vendor support and the cost of training your teams.
It is significant to realize that just one tool cannot meet all the requirements for testing. You need to utilize a different tool to guarantee that your products are tested in a detailed way. Therefore, you are advised to choose the best performance testing tools from the tools mentioned above that can fulfill all your testing requirements.
Software Testing Lead providing quality content related to software testing, security testing, agile testing, quality assurance, and beta testing. You can publish your good content on STL.