The Future of AI-Powered Code Generation: Opportunities and Challenges
Best 17 Test Management Tools in the World
Test management tools are used by companies to save data regarding:
- How to do testing?
- Planning of testing activities
- Report the progress of quality assurance related activities
These tools use various testing approaches and incorporate a wide variety of features.
A test management tool assists software testing companies to decrease data duplication. This usually occurs when defects, tests, or requirements are managed in a storage tower. It guarantees that QA managers, testers, developers, and business analysts have one view regarding the progress being made.
The significance of the test management tools cannot be overlooked as they provide assistance to the testers to streamline their work. Therefore, we are presenting you with the list of top 17 test management tools for 2023.
List of Top Test Management Tools for 2023
PractiTest is an end-to-end SaaS test management platform that centralizes all your QA work, processes, teams, and tools into one platform to bridge silos, unify communication, and enable one source of truth across your organization.
With PractiTest you can make informed data-driven decisions based on end-to-end visibility provided by customizable reports, real-time dashboards, and dynamic filter views.
Improve team’s productivity; reuse testing elements to eliminate repetitive tasks, plan your team’s work based on AI-generated insights, and enable your team to focus on what really matters.
PractiTest helps you align your testing operation with business goals, and deliver better products faster.
2. Zephyr Scale
Zephyr Scale is popular amongst software testing companies because it is very simple and easy to use. It is very flexible and requires very little effort to begin. In addition to close integration with Jira, its most defining feature in comparison with other tools is that test objects are not constructed Jira Issue types. Its main features are:
- Reusability of tests and elimination of duplication
- Enhancing collaboration, data analysis and visibility
- Simpler to review and trace
- Ready for DevOps and Test automation
- Issue automated test-execution outcomes from Bamboo and Jenkins
Testpad aims to provide you with sufficient process without involving tedious test case management. Its main features include:
- No training is required-Anyone can use it
- Guest testers provide extra assistance in the time of need i.e. marketing, managers and clients
- Reports that show three points: the app that was tested, the progress, readiness for market release
- Regular test plans based on categorized agendas
- It helps you to develop flexible test that you can enhance on the fly
- Adapts to the method of testing: BDD or TCM
TestRail is a comprehensive test case management tool that assists you:
- To streamline your testing efforts
- Attain current insights of the testing activity
Powerful metrics and reports allow quality assurance teams to enhance productivity and send quick feedback. The main features include:
- Simply trace the position of specific tests
- Measure the development with activity reports and informative dashboards
- Compare consequences across multiple milestones, configurations and test runs
- Trace team workload to modify resources and assignments
- Extremely customizable, with on-premise or cloud-based installation options
- Assimilate with collaboration and defect tracking solutions like TSF, GitHub, Axosoft, Bugzilla, FogBuz, Jira and Atlassian; and with prominent test automation tools like Ranorex Studio.
Fully revamped in 2021, TestCollab is the most modern test management tool available for your QA needs. In the last 11 years, hundreds of enterprises have trusted TestCollab for their QA process. It is effortless to onboard your team with TestCollab because its easy to use user interface and helpful in-app live chat support.
Apart from standard test management features, TestCollab offers features like-
Push bugs in Jira, Map Jira user stories as requirements, Jira bi-directional plugin to see all your test cases inside Jira.
Automatic work assignment
Reusable suites across multiple projects
Modern features like – @mention comments, in-app notifications, To-do list with due dates.
API-first design for easy integration.
It is a famous end-to-end test management tool for all organizations and follows an intuitive and simple approach for testing. TestMonitor covers applying enterprise software, creating a quality app, and requiring a little assistance in your test project. The main features include:
- Risk-based and requirement testing.
- Cutting-edge test case design expert of supporting numerous cases
- Vigorous planning tools with milestone cloning and multi-tester runs.
- Complete result tracking.
- Incorporated issue management.
- Smart reporting with various visualization and filter options.
- Innovative simple UI.
- Third-party incorporations featuring Slack, Jira and DevOps. REST API involved.
- Specialized support and rapid response time.
QMetry Test Management is test case management tool for an enterprise level. This assists digital teams to send high-quality software more rapidly. It has test management competencies that enable climbing from manual to DevOps and Agile.
It is specially created to improve QA productivity. QMetry’s top tool assimilates with various tools including Jira, and other authentication tools like SAML and LDAP. Its core features include:
- Completely flexible test management like creating, importing, adding or tracking
- Variety control to construct and maintain forms of test assets
- Current dashboard and custom reporting device
- Plug and play solution with the capacity to choose the features of your choice
This product is one of inflectra’s world-class QA suite and test management for agile teams. This easy-to-use and flexible platform present both SaaS and an on-premise solution. It incorporates industry best practices. This tool will assist you to quickly get started with the project. SpiraTests’ basic features are:
- Requirement management and bug tracking across programs and projects of all sizes.
- Data driven, automated and manual test management for different tests from a modified control center
- Unified test generation from bugs and requirements
- Developing parameterized test, scheduling, and test review and workflow organization.
- Assimilates flawlessly with sixty tools on the market containing excel, perforce, IBM Doors, Visual Studio and Jira.
9. Quality Center /ALM
It is one of the famous and most used test management software amongst the testers. It contains all the important features that your project requires. This is one of the special tools that offer robust reporting and tracking. It can be integrated with the organizations emailing system for any amendment that team members would want to make. The main features are:
- It assists you to make an app accurately
- Delivers actual visibility into the quality of your app
- Provides integral App Lifecycle Management workflows and templates
It is a cutting-edge test case management tool developed for medium and small teams.it is famous for boosting testing productivity in a cost-effective manner. The main features are:
- In-built dashboard keeps tabs on testing progress.
- Organize tests with Test Cases, features, test suites and projects.
- Test Case ingress wizard for unified migration from Excel or existing solution
- Complete requirements management and reporting.
- Complete Test Case execution and edits history to run past reporting.
- Test Runs considered for speed and efficiency
- Assimilation with slack, katalon,runscope, postman, refelect.run and Jira
- Test configuration,test case steps that can be reused, modifiable statuses
- Free Tier and Rest API.
It is one of the world’s best web-based open-source test management tools that incorporate requirement tracking, reporting, planning, and test specification. To keep an eye on the project progress, charts and reports are available. Whereas, the additional features incorporate: events log, specifying requirement, and assigning keywords. The key features are:
- Defect Recording
- Charts Support
- Test creation and execution
- Metrics Support
- User-friendly UI
Test lodge is one of the finest test case management tools that provide rudimentary four characteristics Test Runs, test cases and suites, requirements and test plans. It has all that is needed to manage test cases but test plans can be made rapidly with easiness. Testlodge can be combined with your current issue tracking tools to permit defect and ticket reports to be spontaneously generated when a test case flops. The main features are:
- It assists you to enhance and establish performance of software testing.
- You can effortlessly cooperate with your team.
- Allows you to check immediate progress of your tests.
In this tool, testers, unlimited tests, defects and projects can be managed and reported. It is extremely safe and has a completely backed up environment. Tests can be organized by hierarchical suites, branches, and projects via TestStuff. It also allows data transfer from an excel sheet. The main features are:
- Incorporation with desired number of bug trackers
- Connect with team by Twitter integration
- Attach a video to defect reports
- Allocate test to particular testers
- Collective steps
- Including various tabs for test cycle planning
14. BugZilla Testopia
It is a test management extension designed for Bugzilla. It plays an imperative role in tracking test cases. In addition to this, you can trace per week progress and release-based testing conducted by different quality assurance teams. Furthermore, it permits you to conduct test runs, testing reports, and developing own test cases. This test management tool assists QA members in fasting up the QA procedure. Its main features include:
- Test results and test cases can be transferred to CSV file
- Frequent bug fixes
- Utilizes the modern Extjs 3.0 library
- Set significances on separate case runs
- Upkeep XML export and import of children and test plan
- Share to Bugzilla components
- Making connectivity between test cases and bugs
It is a test management tool designed for enterprise-level and is made available on smartwatches, desktop, and mobile. Its key features are:
- It is a Sass tool with zero installation requirement
- It adjusts with every testing practice that supports Continuous Delivery and Agile testing environments
- Robust Metric, Leaderboards and reporting
- All in one automated and manual test execution, requirements management and defect management
- Calm alliance between all stakeholders
- Simple integration with famous testing tools like Rally, Selenium and Jira
- It is used by Vodafone, Verizone, PepsiCo and ebay and fortune five hundred companies
By using kualitee you can integrate with a number of tools and do little modifications such as defect reports, filters and other reports. Price is purposely kept affordable and flexible to suit all team sizes. This can include single testers to more than team of hundred people.
- Friendly and intuitive interface
- Planning of requirements
- Issue Tracking and test case management
- Amendable Bug Reports
- Collaborating Dashboard
- Group and individual Progress Tracking
- Third Party Integrations
XQual is one of the best Test case management tools. It will enable you to manage bugs, campaigns, test cases, tests documents, specifications, risks, requirements and releases in different sections and attains ready-to-go KPIs (testability, quality score and smart coverage)
It is DevOps prepared to assimilate with all the versioning platforms or continuous integration in the market. Its main features are:
- Test parameterization
- Shared/reusable test resources.
- Cloud or on-premises
- REST API
- Both on-premises and cloud
- Reuseable and shared test resources
- Test parameterization
- Incorporates bug tracking management and internal requirement module and includes YouTrack, bugzilla, Mantis, Clearquest and Jira
- Can drive automated and manual tests: ninety best connectors for automation framework on the market: testoptimal, testng, squish, soapUi, Sikuli, RobotFramework, QF-Test, NeoLoad, Sahi, TestPartner, Mocha, Postman, Teststand, TestComplete, Cucumber, Ranorex, JMeter, UFT/QTP and selenium
- Responsive web app (supports all devices, smartphones or tablets)
After viewing the discussion above, a software development company and software testing company can easily compare the features of all test case management tools and see which one is suitable for them. Incorporating these tools will save time and money for the company.
Software Testing Lead providing quality content related to software testing, security testing, agile testing, quality assurance, and beta testing. You can publish your good content on STL.